Thursday, October 13, 2011

It all starts here

Wow, I never would have thought I would have gotten this far.  Tonight I went to my first real race check in event.   Six months ago I was just another couch potato, but then so many things happened, all things that I hope to talk about at some point. 

  • My friend Tony entered a bet, and while he didn't win, he and I both won
  • My amazing niece challenged herself, and then me in a way I never expected
  • The daily inspiration from my wife and son
  • I met some wonderful charities which started me running not just for me, but for others 
  • and a life long journey began tonight. 
Tonight  -- October 13, 2011 I decided that I will run in the 2013 Walt Disney World marathon as part of team in training.   While I know that I have 15 months ahead of me, I know there are many miles between my 3 that I will run in the Hartford Marathon 5K and the 26.2 that I will run in my happiest place on earth.  

Through all of this, not only do I expect to talk about my, and my friends and family journey, but also the discoveries I find along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment